• November 30Stockings for Heroes Both Big and Small ends Dec 18! Bring your gifts to the HS Office!

• October 9Stockings for Heroes Both Big and Small ends Dec 18! Bring your gifts to the HS Office!

All I want for Christmas is you

Casey Black, Staff Reporter

As we near the end of the year, it is almost time for Christmas Break.

Many people spend their break with their families, while some families go out of the country for a warm break.  Some families may also travel to see out of town relatives, and others may stay with their immediate family over their break.

Many families do almost the same thing every year, and here are some ways fellow classmates celebrate.

“On my Christmas break, I plan to build a gingerbread house with my family and watch lots of Netflix with my dog,” freshman Emma Heikes said.

Building gingerbread houses is a common Christmas tradition for many families.

“I’m going to my dad’s house for our family Christmas on Christmas Eve, and we are having family competitions like seeing who can build the best house out of graham crackers,” said senior Amanda Stephens.

Baking isn’t the only things students do over break.  They also spend time outdoors.

“My parents are taking all of my siblings, nieces, and nephews to Colorado,” sophomore Aubrey Pierce said, “We’re going to go skiing, snowboarding, sledding, play games, and go ice skating.”

Pierce is one of the lucky students who gets to celebrate the holidays and take a vacation all in one.

“We’re staying at a cabin there and there’s a hot tub and a pool,” Pierce said, “We’re also going to decorate a tree that we’re bringing and just have fun as a family.”

As you can see, every family has a different way of celebrating Christmas. Over the break, this is a time rest, relax, and spend quality time with your family.