• November 30Winter Clothing Drive now through December 7 - Bring warm winter gear for the Open Door Mission!

• October 9Winter Clothing Drive now through December 7 - Bring warm winter gear for the Open Door Mission!

Dance Fever

Back to Article
Back to Article

Dance Fever

Casey Black, Staff Reporter

The Treynor Dance Team preformed their pom dance to “Mi Gente,” their jazz dance to “Shake Senora,” and their novelty dance to “The Fresh Prince of Bel Air” theme song.

They left for state on Wednesday, preformed their jazz dance at 8 Thursday morning, pom at 9:30, and novelty at 11. They then had an awards ceremony at 8 p.m. that night.

At awards they received a division I rating for their novelty dance. When they got their score sheets back, they saw that for they were also very close to division I ratings for both the other dances.

Freshman Carissa Spanier said “State dance was a great experience and my favorite part of the dance season.  I was nervous but excited to go to state as I was the only freshman and everyone was way older than me, but it turned out to be a great experience and everyone is so nice and supportive.  Spanier said “I enjoyed preforming and getting out division I in novelty. It helped me open up to the team more and I’m excited to go back again next year!”

They will now preform 5 more times at home basketball games. They will preform their novelty dance, a Christmas dance, little dance camp dances, pom, and they will choreograph one more dance.