• November 30Winter Clothing Drive now through December 7 - Bring warm winter gear for the Open Door Mission!

• October 9Winter Clothing Drive now through December 7 - Bring warm winter gear for the Open Door Mission!

Treynor wrestlers succeed at Saturday’s tourney

Miranda Becker, Staff Reporter

On Sat., December 1, the Treynor wrestling team earned second place at their home tournament.

Varsity wrestlers placed as follows: Dawson Goss, first place at 106 lbs, Ian Dinsmore and Jacob Hrasky second and third place at 120 lbs, Duncan Clark and Adley Drake, third and fifth place at 126 lbs, Mitchell Lutz, second place at 138 lbs, Chase Reber, fourth place at 152 lbs, Logan Young,  second place at 170 lbs, Brennon Mauer, second place at 182 lbs, Corey Coleman first place at 195 lbs, and Harley Carberry third place at 220 lbs.

Not only did the wrestlers perform well individually, but they were also successful as a team.  “The team competed great finishing second behind Underwood,” sophomore Dawson Goss said.

This tournament brought forth a large amount of success to many of the wrestlers.  They are setting their goals high this season and want to have a great finish. “Our teams want to make it to state duals,” sophomore Evan Smith said.

Many different techniques could contribute to the recent success of this team.  “One of the biggest things is just coming out to compete and treat every match the same no matter who you are wrestling,” Goss said.  

While the meet was very successful for the team, the wrestlers are excited to get onto the mats on Monday to individually improve themselves.  “I think my matches went pretty well, but I know I have some things to work on,” said Hrasky.

Treynor wrestling will continue their season at 5:30 p.m. on Tues., December 4 in Treynor.