• November 30Winter Clothing Drive now through December 7 - Bring warm winter gear for the Open Door Mission!

• October 9Winter Clothing Drive now through December 7 - Bring warm winter gear for the Open Door Mission!

Treynor gets excited about prom 2019

Faith Juelsgaard, Staff Reporter

As Treynor gets closer and closer to April, many students get excited while prom and after prom start to come together. Juniors have been putting together fundraisers that will continue into the winter months.

This year Treynor introduced Marilyn Abbott into the prom sponsor position, which is now different for the first time in ten years.

I’m excited to be the new prom sponsor, but following in Mrs. Palmquist’s footsteps is always going to be a little intimidating,” said Abbott.

The students have been fundraising to raise money for both prom and after prom. This year the kids have been selling magazines, jewelry, chocolates, fruit boxes, mixed nuts, beef sticks, cheese dips and soups. Goals were set for students to each sell 12 items from their fundraiser packets.

The theme for this year will be “Fire and Ice.” After prom will be hosted at the high school, as it has been the past many years along with the Parade of Stars.

“I think you will see a lot of beautiful lighting elements with this year’s prom,” said Abbott.

With other decisions still in the works, and approval from school administration, things are beginning to come together. The juniors have hired a DJ and are voting on their preference for the evening, including dinner and dancing.

“I would love if we could all come together for dinner, and enjoy the nice evening we all worked hard to create,” Junior Sydnie melby said.

The junior class met Wednesday, Nov. 13th  to discuss upcoming fundraising ideas, such as selling foods and beverages at junior high games and selling class t-shirts.

Juniors and junior parents are working hard to create a fun and memorable night for everyone.

Sunday Nov. 18th the junior class is meeting together for a few hours to sell cardinal trash bags around town, to the community as a fundraiser also. Sunday is sponsored by Lori Stogdill.

“I hope we will create a wonderful memory for the seniors and give the juniors a chance to step into their role as leaders of the school, the junior-senior prom is an opportunity for the juniors to thank the seniors for their years of leadership and friendship,” Abbott said.            

With more decisions and fundraising to come, Fire and Ice will be a night to remember.