• November 30Winter Clothing Drive now through December 7 - Bring warm winter gear for the Open Door Mission!

• October 9Winter Clothing Drive now through December 7 - Bring warm winter gear for the Open Door Mission!

Closing Statement From the Cast of Legally Blonde

Back to Article
Back to Article

The cast of Legally Blonde poses after their final scene

Amanda Stephens

Amanda Stephens

Amanda Stephens

Maria Carolus, Staff Reporter

The Treynor musical cast finished their final performance of Legally Blonde on Nov. 3. There were  three performances of this show over the course of two days.

After finishing up the first week of running lines off script with so many students in many different activities, there could have been a lot of problems getting ready for the show. There are often a group of cast members gone because of how many involvements they have. Although this could have impacted the musical greatly, director Mrs. Davis said she was very impressed with the leadership of the lead roles. She also said she was also very impressed with the amount of effort everyone put in outside of class to make rehearsals run smoothly.

One of those she was most impressed with was senior Adrienne Suglia who played Elle Woods.

“When I found out that I got this role, I knew I would have a lot to learn so I immediately started learning the songs and memorizing the lines. So, I would say I am relatively well-prepared,” Suglia said.

Along with Mrs. Davis, she stated that the group did a great job preparing and getting their lines memorized.

Seniors Reagan Darrah, who played Vivienne, and Kyle Christensen, who played Warner, both agreed that Act I of the musical was definitely the strongest point. Another strength is the full ensemble songs because the group has worked on them the most.

The behind-the-scenes crew also did a great job according to Davis.

Davis explained how the stage and tech crew has grown to be more experienced over the years. She also talked about how thankful she was with so many returning crew members. One of those crew members is Senior Allison Green. Green had a huge impact behind the scenes and has been a huge part since her sophomore year. She, along with fellow senior, Gracie Hansen were always taking notes on cues and changes along with the list of props that need to be ready.

“This year, kids had a better command of the stage and had better movement (compared to years past)” said Davis looking back on the production. She added that she also felt more prepared compared to years past because there weren’t as many bigger pieces to move. She was pleased with everyone who worked hard during rehearsals and that kids were so flexible with so many other activities going on.

If there was one thing that she could have been changed, it would be “more time to practice and add more choreography,” said Davis. She, along with many others were very sad that it ended, but enjoyed the experience.