Preseason Basketball Outlook

Nathan Nelson, Assistant to Regional Manager

I recently got in contact with head girls basketball coach Joe Chapman. I asked him a series of questions about the preseason and this upcoming season and what he foresees in the season. First question was “You and the team won the state championship last season, what are your expectations for this season?” He said “My expectations remain the same last year. Practice hard, prepare for every game and get better every time we step on the court.” Next was “What are some things that you and the team have been doing in the off season?  Camps? Scrimmages?” He said “We had open gyms and played in a league in Council Bluffs.” Third question I asked was “Have you guys created any goals for the season? If so, what are they?” Coach responded with “We have created goals for each game. If we hit the goals for each game, we will have very successful results.” Fourth question is “Who do you think will step up this year for the team, considering you have two, maybe three players who have varsity experience?” He replied with “That is a great question.  The opportunity is there for any one person to step up.  Kennedy, Tori, and Mandy have the most experience.  I hope to see several girls have a break out season!” Lastly was “When is the first regular season game?” He said “Monday December 2 at Harlan.” The Cardinals hope the see their student body and fans from the community to cheer them on at Harlan.