Preview: Treynor vs. West Sioux

Quinn Navara, Sports Journalist

Treynor travels to Hawarden to take on the two-time defending state champions, West Sioux Falcons. The Cardinals come in with a 10-0 record and the Falcons come in with a 9-1 record. Treynor is led by Iowa State commit, Jack Tiarks, and star quarterback, Jake Fisher. West Sioux is also led by an Iowa State commit, Hunter Dekkers, and speedy wide receiver, Kade Lynott. 

Treynor comes off a big 21-10 win over Western Christian to advance to the quarterfinal matchup against the Falcons. Jake Fisher leads the Cardinals with 1,067 rushing yards, 746 passing yards, and 31 TDs. Chase Reber has rushed for over 600 yards for 5 TDs, while Jack Tiarks has 605 rushing yards and 9 TDs. The receiving corps is led by senior, Jack Stogdill, and sophomore, Sid Schaaf. Stogdill has 303 receiving yards for 5 TDs, and Schaaf has 243 yards for a TD. On the defensive side, the Cardinals are led by Ben Boese who has 45.5 tackles on the year. There are 9 other Cardinals that have 29 or more total tackles. 

The Falcons of West Sioux are coming off dominant 42-7 win over Underwood. Hunter Dekkers, one of the top quarterbacks in the country, leads the Falcons with 3,153 passing yards, 311 rushing yards, and 38 TDs. Kade Lynott also leads the Falcons with 1,433 receiving yards, 493 rushing yards, and 16 TDs. The other third of West Sioux’s trio is Bryce Coppock who has 820 receiving yards, 380 rushing yards, and 6 TDs. West Sioux’s defense is led by Lynott with 67 total tackles, and there are 8 other Falcons with 26 or more total tackles.