New Teacher Profile: Clark Allen

Tyler Pollock, Editor

Mr. Clark Allen is the new history teacher at Treynor. His classes include Economics, Government, World History, and Modern Issues. He is originally from Crescent, Iowa, and he graduated from Abraham Lincoln High School in Council Bluffs. His family consists of his parents, two older brothers, and one younger sister. 

Mr. Allen said that he wanted to become a teacher for many reasons, the biggest of which is their impact on his life. He had coaches and teachers throughout high school that helped him find value in education and had a positive impact on his life overall. He hopes to serve that role in one of his students. As a teacher, Mr. Allen like to utilize teaching strategies that promote collaboration between students. 

Student and staff involvement are an integral part of the culture at Treynor. Nearly every student is involved in at least one extra-curricular activity, if not more. This is one of the reasons that Mr. Allen wanted to work at Treynor. Not only would Treynor kick off his education career, but it had several coaching opportunities. Students at Treynor take pride in their activities, and Mr. Allen wanted to be a part of that experience. He really appreciates that students have a positive attitude, and the support from the community thus far. He looks forward to the rest of the school year.