Fire and ice

Fire+and+Ice+prom+decor.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Fire and ice

Fire and Ice prom decor.

Fire and Ice prom decor.

Fire and Ice prom decor.

Fire and Ice prom decor.

Faith Juelsgaard, Reporter/ Staff

Saturday April 13, the Cardinals took on their 2019 prom with a hot theme of Fire and Ice.

The night started off with the beautiful Parade of Stars including the seniors and juniors and their dates.

Couples walked down the aisle accompanied by their dates, stopping for pictures at the end of the carpet. Soon after the students traveled on bus to the dinner and dance that was held at the palace barn, built by the Buckingham family this winter.

“My favorite part about the venue was the interior lights and how open it all was, it was very beautiful.” Said junior Madalyn Haas.

The night started with dinner at six and the dance followed at the palace barn as well. The meal was catered by Silos, with choices of roast beef, pork or chicken, with several sides.

“The Roast beef was so good and i went to town on the cheesy potatoes!” Senior Madison Shipley said.

The junior students and parents put together a beautiful memorable night for students.

“I hope the kids had an amazing night with their dates that they will look back on after their high school careers,” said junior parent Nicole Reed.

The night was only beginning when everyone made it back to Treynor High School for the post prom activities including different food choices, like the nacho bar, pizza bar, and lots of other good snacks and drinks.

The post prom activities included a few different inflatables, corn hole, life size Jenga, laser tag, painting, karaoke, and to close a hypnotist show.  Also a photo booth where all the dates and friends could capture their memories from the night.

“The canvas painting was such a good idea, it was really relaxing.” Junior Nathan Nelson said.

There was also chances to win prizes from the raffle that took place at the end of the night, with lots of fun prizes and gift cards won. 

The juniors put together a marvelous night for the seniors to remember forever!